[c-nsp] MPLS/VPN Loadbalancing with 2 CPE routers

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sat Dec 21 11:14:34 EST 2013

Oliver, forget what I said... I've read "will prefer" instead of "will never prefer" :-(

It's good to know that another provider is using this kind of architecture. It's not something we want to use for all our customers but this specific customer has some constraints which require to loadbalance their traffic.

I guess we could also use OSPF and have the same cost for the path CE1 --> PE1 and the second path CE1 --> CE2 --> PE2. What would be the best in this case ? eBGP multihop or OSPF with costs ?

if OSPF is an option, I would prefer this as it is "cleaner" and more "natural" routing, and no risk of running into loops.

oli