[c-nsp] 10Gb Cable Recommendations

Coy Hile Coy.Hile at COYHILE.COM
Tue Dec 24 12:18:44 EST 2013

On 12/24/13, 11:24 AM, "Vincent Aniello" <VAniello at portware.com> wrote:

>I am deploying Cisco 3064T switches as top of rack switches and was
>looking for CAT 6A cable recommendations.  Any reason to go with shielded
>instead of unshielded?  The racks are in a colo and will contain
>networking gear and rackmount servers, pretty standard stuff.
>
>Also, any recommendations on cable vendors?  CAT 6A cables can be pricey
>and there are discount cable vendors, but I am concerned with the quality
>of the cables from these sources.  Any recommendations based on others
>experience would be appreciated.

I¹ve personally used Blackbox for my own stuff in my lab ‹ yes, I know,
I¹m nuts! ‹ mostly because I¹m in PA, so I can order something at 2100
Thursday and have it delivered Friday afternoon with their normal
shipping.  My employer¹s datacenter engineers, I believe, use Graybar for
a lot of things.

I¹m also interested to hear what others are using.