[c-nsp] 10Gb Cable Recommendations

Chris Marget chris at marget.com
Tue Dec 24 14:37:28 EST 2013

I'd imagine you'd have no problem satisfying TIA TSB-155 in a ToR
deployment where the links consist a single Cat6 patch cable, so why worry
about Cat6A?

Even "worst case" Cat6 deployments should reach 37m, so intra-rack should
be no problem at all with the short runs and relatively generous
inter-cable spacing afforded by cable managers (as compared with 25-pair
bundles).

I have not done this personally, but your hardware manufacturer seems to
endorse such a deployment, so It sounds like it might be worth a try...
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6021/white_paper_c11-609513.pdf

/chris