[c-nsp] ISIS BFD not Supported on CRS-3 ?

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 15:50:35 EST 2013

Hi,

On 22 February 2013 04:54, Amos Thong <amosthy at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Pshem.
>
> We have one question after reading your post; are you using WANPHY with transmission electronics ( like DWDM ) in-between or it is just across the a dark fiber cable.

In that particular deployment it was over a mixture of dark fibre and
DWDM systems. Dark fibre used OTU2e whilist DWDM used either of the
two (depending what the client interfaces could support). OTU2e was
used over dark fibre due to ability to do error correction -
particularly advantageous over long dark fibres.

I'm not sure what the licensing model for CRS-3 but in case of ASR9k
you need an OTU2e licence ('optical') per line card, which made the
8x10G particularly attractive. Also - not all cards support OTU2e
framing as some of them do not have the chip to do the error
correction.

kind regards
Pshem