[c-nsp] monitoring dropped CoPP packets ?

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Fri Jan 4 12:19:25 EST 2013

nexus 7k with sup-1  5.2

How can I tell which MATCH statement within a CLASS-MAP is causing CoPP drops shown in example below?

Here are the two I am concerned with.  The CoPP stats were cleared 10 min prior to this output.

----------------------
class-map copp-system-class-normal (match-any)
     match access-group name copp-system-acl-dhcp
     match access-group name copp-system-acl-mac-dot1x
     match redirect dhcp-snoop
     match protocol arp
     set cos 1
     police cir 680 kbps , bc 250 ms
     module 1 :
       conformed 4741991 bytes; action: transmit
       violated 235956 bytes; action: drop

class-map copp-system-class-l2-default (match-any)
     match access-group name copp-system-acl-mac-undesirable
     match protocol mpls
     police cir 100 kbps , bc 250 ms
     module 1 :
       conformed 1038344 bytes; action: transmit
       violated 1333130 bytes; action: drop

Thanks for any help;

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems