[c-nsp] 7204VXR reboots

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Tue Jan 22 06:11:37 EST 2013

On 22/01/2013 9:59 PM, Gert Doering wrote:
> Nobody knows what's inside any given IOS build.  As a rule of thumb,
> whenever you want to turn on something new, the specific combination of
> hardware + software + feature pack that you have will not support it.
>
> (Yes, this does annoy me to no end)

Killer missing feature for me was that the S train (ie
15.0S/15.1S/15.2S) does NOT have Netflow code in CEF on the 7200, while
the M train does.  That breaks things like top-talkers, having 'ip flow
egress' on interfaces etc.

If you don't find it out before hand, you certainly will afterwards,
when your CPU utilisation goes up to 100% with only 20M or so of traffic.

Been there done that, went back to 15.1M quick smart (now on 15.2M and
all good so far).

Reuben