[c-nsp] 7204VXR reboots

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Wed Jan 23 09:29:43 EST 2013

Joe Pruett wrote:

> 3. not really 12 vs 15, but i have never really been able to figure out
> what the 'service provider' or 'sp services' feature set really means.
> mpls seems to be only in the sp side, but lots of other features are
> removed from sp compared to my ipsec variant. i guess by service
> provider, they mean a core router and have removed all the edge stuff?
> as an isp, it always seemed like sp should apply to me, but lots of
> features i need aren't there.
>
> thanks, any insights would be great.

This is hardly scientific, but what I do is generate via software
advisor a feature list for various trains/images.

Save it to text files (named after the image name)

run diff

Which is slightly better then guessing, coin tossing, etc...

One thing thats really biting me atm is that per-user aaa/qos support,
available in 124 mainline seems to have moved only to S train for 15x,
leaving me (again) with the interesting dilemma of which features on
which routers I want to continue using or upgrading.

Joe