[c-nsp] 7204VXR reboots

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Wed Jan 23 16:29:18 EST 2013

On 24/01/2013 1:29 AM, Joe Maimon wrote:
> One thing thats really biting me atm is that per-user aaa/qos support,
> available in 124 mainline seems to have moved only to S train for 15x,
> leaving me (again) with the interesting dilemma of which features on
> which routers I want to continue using or upgrading.

This stuff /changed/ in late 12.4T and in turn 15M, but it's there in
the non S builds too, just not with the old commands.

See CSCte95297 .

I've had advipservices-k9 15.0(1)M and 15.1(4)M running and doing just
this for a while.  The commands have changed, the applied config is now
invisible, but the functionality is there.  (It was broken in early
15.0M builds though prior to 15.0(1)M3).

You'll need to look at:

rt1.nsw#show subscriber session uid 988 detailed

and

rt1.nsw#show policy-map int virtual-access 12

to see what is applied.

Going back some 3 years now since I ran into this; show int and show int
configuration no longer showed the policy statements applied to the
config, but it is actually applied - just not visible in the config.
'show policy-map session' also returns nothing.  I tried to get Cisco to
restore the commands, as it used to show useful output there, but they
said we had to speak with account management as it was a "feature
request" and not a "bug".  It's only cosmetic but annoying nonetheless..

Reuben