[c-nsp] Flexible Netflow - Set the v9 Source ID?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sat Jan 26 12:04:49 EST 2013

David,

>I'm Just looking at Cisco's IPFIX implementation using the new "Flexible
>Netflow" CLI, and wondering how one would configure the Source ID
>(actually called the "Observation Domain ID") in the header.
>
>[...]
>it seems from this that is is generated and not "flexible" (I.e user
>settable), I'd very much like parity with existing exporters I have which
>can indeed set this (and I make good use of it) , simply sourcing the
>packets from a set/known IP isn't really what I'm after.

May I ask how you're planning to use this field? I've always considered it
nothing more than a discriminator to ensure uniqueness when you have
multiple flow exporting entities on a single router (linecards on an ASR9k
or CRS for example), and for troubleshooting purposes.
Please note that all Netflow export packets are sourced by the
configurable source IP address within the flow exporter.

	oli