[c-nsp] Route-Reflector & Sub-optimal Routing

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Jul 13 09:55:22 EDT 2013

On Monday, March 11, 2013 11:11:31 AM Oliver Boehmer
(oboehmer) wrote:

> it means that a RR makes a routing decision on its
> client's behalf, and its best path might not be
> necessarily the one the clients would have picked
> (especially when the decision is based on the IGP metric
> to the next-hop).

There are operators that are anti-MPLS, and run their route
reflectors on the core routers in each PoP. This is fine.

For me that runs an MPLS network with dedicated route
reflectors, I'd have a cluster in each PoP, although I
realize this is not a necessarily commerically feasible
approach for most operators.

BGP-ORR, as Saku aluded to, is a reasonable solution.

Cheers,

Mark.