[c-nsp] multicast issue

R S dim0sal at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 16 12:53:23 EDT 2013

Hi all

Just a brainstorming and your possible help.

I manage a network where multicast is the most important traffic and
sometimes I get issue by customer where they state that some packets are lost…

Does anybody have an idea or can help me in understanding a possible
solution in monitoring traffic in real time manner, maybe with the use of some
software or appliance or whatelse.

In my idea I could monitor traffic on the source and on the destination,
then with  a sort of parsing understand
if it’s my network loosing the packets or not…

Any idea ? suggestion ?

tks