[c-nsp] Rancid causing reload SUP2T 12.2.50-SY3

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Jul 21 01:34:00 EDT 2013

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 08:53:47 PM Brielle Bruns wrote:

> Rancid did the same thing to our 7500 series with a RSP8
> and RSP16 on IOS 12.3 or 12.4 (forget which
> specifically).  Never did track down why it was doing
> that.

This crashed our 7200's in the dayes of 12.2(33)SRC, all the
time. Issue was restricted to the NPE-G1's only (the NPE-
G2's never had the issue, i.e., the "-p" images), and the
watchdog timer was always, somehow, involved.

Since moving to SRE (and now IOS 15 on the 7200), I haven't
seen this issue. I'm not sure if it existed in SRD, spent
too much time helping Cisco debug SRC I simply jumped SRD
:-).

Mark.