[c-nsp] IOS-XR BCP for EIGRP default route

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Sun Jun 2 15:26:28 EDT 2013

Hi,

In reading the documentation for EIGRP default route advertisement into EIGRP, I'm finding only a few ways to accomplish this, based on my current topology.

In vrf foo, I have a default route redistributed from static on an upstream PE router.  I want to get that default route sent towards a CE router downstream of my EIGRP-PE.

Near as I can tell, I can do one of the following to accomplish that:

1. Redistribute BGP into EIGRP on EIGRP-PE
2. Create a summary address on the CE facing interface on EIGRP-PE
3. Create a static default on EIGRP-PE and redistribute static into EIGRP.

Option 1 seems a little heavy handed relative to the very simple method of default-information originate in a protocol like ISIS.
Option 2 seems a little administratively prohibitive in the sense of having to add summary-address 100 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 250 on each and every CE interface.
Option 3 would require lots of peripheral configuration to ensure that default didn't somehow make it's way back upstream.

Is there something a little more elegant or am I faced with one of these three options?  In a perfect world, isis-like default-information originate would be loverly, but I'm not sure if that's possible in EIGRP land.

Thanks in advance.