[c-nsp] Per Vlan Bandwidth Policing

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 12:54:06 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

I have been asked to look into setting up per vlan bandwidth limiting with
burst.  I was sent this link and was wondering about what everyone else
does.

http://ccietobe.blogspot.com/2009/02/3560-qos-per-port-per-vlan-policing.html

Basically we want to limit a vlan network for normal traffic to say 100M
but also allow for bursting to double that from our edge routers to the
access ports.  I have been told that rate-limiting works great on ports but
might have issues or not work correctly when set on vlan interfaces.

Suggestions are welcome on the best and easiest way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Joe