[c-nsp] HSRP, the VPLS way (ME3600)

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Wed May 22 17:29:23 EDT 2013

I personally find it easier to use the same methodology everywhere -
for me it's EVC/bridge domains/VPLS. At least I know that this
functionality is likely to remain in place for foreseeable future. But
also if you find yourself one day willing to extend it to some other
devices that don't have direct connectivity to the first one using
MPLS it's much easier then trying to thread a VLAN through an already
established network. Again this is personal preference - I don't like
to run MPLS on physical interface with a trunk on it (even with
point-to-point VLANs).

kind regards
Pshem