[c-nsp] 6500 Supervisor redundancy

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Wed May 29 12:27:59 EDT 2013

If you've got a compact flash card (either a spare, or the one from the
running sup), you could put that in the new sup (if a spare, format it in
the existing sup, and copy that image file to it).  Get your console
cable/PC ready, and attach to the new sup.  In the existing sup, set the
redundancy mode to SSO.  Cross your fingers, and push the new sup in.  Break
into ROMMON, and manually boot it off the disk0: card.  'boot
disk0:s72033-....' .  That should get the new sup up on the correct IOS, and
SSO should enable itself.  Set your boot statement on the existing sup, and
write it, and verify (show bootvar) that both sups agree on the boot image
and confreg.  Of course make sure boot images are in the right places now.

Chuck