[c-nsp] TAC hits a new record level of aggravation...

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Sun Nov 3 11:47:50 EST 2013

On 11/3/2013 7:46 AM, Chuck Church wrote:
> It's not just the TAC tool that has been suck-ified.  The replacement for
> the dynamic configuration tool sucks.  Tried it a few days ago, first thing
> it asks for is a whole bunch of customer info.  I just wanted to verify if
> there is a non-EOS OC-3 POS that would work with a 6500.  Painful.  Today it
> crashes when I find what I think is the right link.  Then the replacement
> for Software Advisor is Software Research.  It takes looking around to find
> that Research doesn't cover many devices, and you eventually find a link to
> the old software advisor.

My colleague in our data center systems group was working on a UCS
configuration, and the page was kicking out some blocks on our
TippingPoint because of some ungodly obfuscated javascript, and I had to
apply an exception to let him load the tool.

I wish//I had kept a copy of the page source element that was triggering
it...  it was a real "WTF??" moment.

Jeff