[c-nsp] Rosen-Draft mvpn Data-tree selection fail XR 4.2.3

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Wed Oct 9 09:44:51 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

I've been used to the convenience of being able to select exactly which
groups will use which data tree like below IOS cfg snip.
mdt data 232.1.0.0 0.0.0.0
mdt data 232.1.0.1 0.0.0.0 list AL_IPTV_BASIC
mdt data 232.1.0.2 0.0.0.0 list AL_IPTV_LOCAL1

And I have just found out it's not possible in XR 4.2.3.
Since it'll allow me to enter only a single mdt data range per VRF.
Either restricted with an ACL or not (if I enter more only the last one
survives the commit operation).
In case the range is restricted by an ACL  the rest of the groups (groups
not matching the ACL) will use the default tree according to the doc.

Can anyone please confirm whether this restriction applies in 4.3 as well?

adam