[c-nsp] Meraki? is anyone there testing it?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Sep 10 15:29:14 EDT 2013

Hi,

> I just saw a service/product line from Cisco called Meraki.
> Looks promising but... considering how everything is getting mad with
> Snowden revelations... does it make sense to manage the network with a
> cloud app? further more, Meraki availability is just based on "link"
> to internet, no link, no management, I think it is highly risky but
> who knows.
>
> Anyone there testing it?
> I am curious.

Meraki were around for quite some time before cisco bought them out.

Aerohive is another vendor whose kit is configured in the Cloud (or can
be!)

the WAN link is for configuration - the kit CAN carry on running for the rest
of its life with no WAN link - its only if you then start using things like
external authentication etc that the kit requires you to have internet.

alan