[c-nsp] Meraki? is anyone there testing it?

Orr, Jeff B. JOrr at parknationalbank.com
Tue Sep 10 20:52:15 EDT 2013

We are testing it internally to see if it works as well or better than our Cisco controller based wireless for a planned expansion. I am looking forward to comparing the radios head to head in one of our multi floor buildings.

Meraki combines the best of cisco lightweight, ISE, along with content control for our guest wireless.

I see it has Meraki being better for a large scale multi site install with a few APs per site (think retail or finance).

Cisco traditional lightweight wins hands down in a dense install with lots of clients or real time (I.e, voice / video). This might be healthcare/hospitals, large dense educational, etc.

A very large international retail company nearby just went with Meraki for all of their stores (1000+) and I have heard good things so far.

Jeff