[c-nsp] OMG! ME3600 does not automatically copy DSCP into COS and also does not automatically copy EXP into COS T-T

Waris Sagheer (waris) waris at cisco.com
Tue Aug 26 20:25:51 EDT 2014

This does not seem to be the DSCP/EXP value copy issue. Customer COS value should not be touched. Let me get back to you on this.

Best Regards,

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/horizontal06.jpg]

Waris Sagheer
Technical Marketing Manager
Service Provider Access Group (SPAG)
waris at cisco.com<mailto:waris at cisco.com>
Phone: +1 408 853 6682
Mobile: +1 408 835 1389

CCIE - 19901

<http://www.cisco.com/>

For corporate legal information go to:http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html

From: PlaWanSai RMUTT CPE IX <pws_admin at thaicpe.com<mailto:pws_admin at thaicpe.com>>
Date: Sunday, August 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM
To: "cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>>
Subject: [c-nsp] OMG! ME3600 does not automatically copy DSCP into COS and also does not automatically copy EXP into COS T-T

Hi all,

I found the problem my customer's TOS is rewritten.
Topology:
Tester1 (Send CoS=5) -- Gi0/0/1/0 ASR9k 0/0/1/0.3604 -- xconnect --- Gi0/9
ME-3600X Gi0/24 -- Gi0/14 ME-3400 Gi0/5 -- Tester2 (rx CoS=0)

I open the TAC both ASR and ME Switch Team and this is the answer from ME
Switch Team:

ME3600 does not automatically copy DSCP into COS and also does not
automatically copy EXP into COS as described in the following document which
was presented on Cisco Live event (page 44 and 45):
http://d2zmdbbm9feqrf.cloudfront.net/2012/usa/pdf/BRKSPG-2209.pdf

Solution:
Please configure policy-map on interfaces to set a proper COS value basing
on incoming DSCP.

I bought ME-3600 about 100 for use as PE. T-T

Thank you very much.