[c-nsp] ME3600 autoroute & 10G EFP issues

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Jan 15 00:33:05 EST 2014

On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:29:51 AM Eric Van Tol
wrote:

> interface GigabitEthernet0/24
>  switchport trunk allowed vlan none
>  switchport mode trunk
>  mtu 9000
>  spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
>  spanning-tree bpduguard enable
>  service instance 100 ethernet
>   encapsulation dot1q 100
>   bridge-domain 100
> !
> interface Vlan100
>  mtu 9000
>  ip address 172.16.24.150 255.255.255.252
>  ip mtu 1500
>  ip router isis lab-test
>  mpls ip
>  mpls mtu 1546
>  mpls traffic-eng tunnels
>  isis circuit-type level-2-only
>  isis metric 100
>  isis hello-interval 3
> end

Just curious; why are you running MPLS and your core-facing
features on an SVI?

Also, you're lowering your protocol MTU's quite a fair bit,
even though the physical interface can handle them. Any
reason why?

Have you tried running all this on the 10Gbps uplink ports
natively, and checked again to see whether you see these
issues?

I can't recall for which platform, but I think there are
some restrictions with running MPLS and/or MPLS-TE on an
SVI.

Mark.