[c-nsp] Re ASR9000 Multicast over P2MP TE tunnels

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Jul 2 07:06:29 EDT 2014

On Wednesday, July 02, 2014 10:42:29 AM Cydon Satyr wrote:

> Yeah mLDP is nicer for mvpn.
> We're playing/experimenting with P2MP tunnels for IPTV
> and with FRR protection.

I originally used p2mp RSVP-TE for IPTv, but I'm also
comfortable using mLDP for IPTv as well.

There is work ongoing to add LFA support to mLDP, and in
that case, the FRR argument for keeping IPTv on p2mp RSVP-TE
will be out the window.

That said, I've been happy with convergence times using
hardware-assited BFD which would make pre-mLDP-LFA scenarios
workable, considering how well mLDP scales and how much more
complex p2mp RSVP-TE is to configure in large networks.

Mark.