[c-nsp] Cisco ME3800X with EIGRP

Steve Housego Steve.Housego at itps.co.uk
Sun Mar 9 17:46:35 EDT 2014

Hi NSP,

Is anyone familiar with the 3800X and why we are unable to configure EIGRP for IPv6 even though its clearly stated in the configuration guide as available?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/15-3_1_S/configuration/guide/3800x3600xscg/swipv6.html#wp1117377

We are a cisco only shop and prefer to use EIGRP to distribute our loopbacks and backbone links and we've came across this issue while trying to dual stack.

I suspect this is an error in the document as the commands simply aren't there, if so - anyone got any inside info on if cisco plan to support eigrp for IPv6 on their own switch anytime soon!?

Many thanks

SteveH
________________________________

[http://www.it-ps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/itps-logo.png]

"Helping Your ICT Budget Deliver to its Maximum Potential"

Steve Housego
Principal Consultant

IT Professional Services
Axwell House
Waterside Drive
Metrocentre East Business Park
Gateshead
Tyne & Wear NE11 9HU

T. 0191 442 8300
F. 0191 442 8301

Steve.Housego at itps.co.uk<mailto:Steve.Housego at itps.co.uk>

Check out our new website at www.it-ps.com <http://www.it-ps.com/> and see how we can help your IT budget deliver more for less.

Company No. 3930001 registered in England
VAT No. 734 1935 33