[c-nsp] Access layer replacement for 6500/Sup720

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Mon Mar 24 19:39:07 EDT 2014

Hello Mark,

> If you want reasonably functional QoS ingress and egress,
> the ME3600X/3800X is your friend.

As far as see no stacking and only 2x 10GBit.

> If you don't care about that (or other fancy features), and
> if your application is purely closet/LAN and not Metro, then
> there are lots of options between Cisco and other vendors in
> this space.

Then please tell me some models below 10k EUR that offer 8x10G + 48xRJ45 +
stacking and have a reliable self-protection.
A basic layer3 switch with 2x 10GBit (that hangs as soon as the cpu is hit
by 100k pps) isn't hard to find from nearly every vendor.

regards
Rolf