[c-nsp] "ipv6 router ospf" vs "router ospfv3"

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Mar 25 11:39:44 EDT 2014

On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 02:32:13 PM Tim Durack wrote:

> RTR-1#sh run | sec router ospf
> router ospfv3 10

Oh, that's cool.

I didn't know Cisco had implemented the Multi-AF support for
OSPFv3 (Junos had it since Junos 9).

For those interested, this took some digging, but:

	http://tinyurl.com/psbjbyt

I'm definitely going to consider migrating to this for my
Anycast servers. I just need to test whether this will when
the Anycast servers support different OSPF versions for each
address family.

> At this point we prefer to run OSPFv2 for IPv4 and OSPFv3
> for IPv6, so multi-af support is not critical.

I'll fall back to this if my Anycast servers (Quagga/Zebra)
don't like it.

> I'm thinking "router ospf" and "router ospv3" might be
> the preferred cli.

That would be my thinking as well, yes.

Mark.