[c-nsp] "ipv6 router ospf" vs "router ospfv3"

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 25 11:51:17 EDT 2014

On 25/03/14 15:39, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 02:32:13 PM Tim Durack wrote:
>
>> RTR-1#sh run | sec router ospf
>> router ospfv3 10
>
> Oh, that's cool.
>
> I didn't know Cisco had implemented the Multi-AF support for
> OSPFv3 (Junos had it since Junos 9).

Yeah, I spotted this very recently too in 15.1 on 6500/sup720. Haven't
had time to test it yet beyond basic confirmation that it works for
IPv6-only.

>> I'm thinking "router ospf" and "router ospv3" might be
>> the preferred cli.
>
> That would be my thinking as well, yes.

Almost certainly. Note that some commands e.g. "network point-to-point"
are not available on some platforms in the "ipv6" format, only the
"ospfv3" one.