[c-nsp] NX-OS Default MSDP Peer

Pavel Stefanov p.stefanov at v6horizons.net
Tue Mar 25 19:29:55 EDT 2014

Hello,

We need to migrate an MSDP peering from a Cat6K to an N7K and we
currently running mesh-groups for Anycast RP in the internal domain and
have two default peering sessions to two routers in another domain.
There is no BGP running on the actual RPs so the RPF check is currently
disabled using the mesh groups, the default peerings and
inbound/outbound ACLs to prevent SA message looping.

I am unable to find an equivalent command to "ip msdp default-peer" in
NX-OS, however, and the only way I can think of to workaround this is to
create a second mesh-group and add the peers, previously defined as
"default" on the cat6k.

Does anyone have any other ideas how this can be solved?

Thanks,
Pavel