[c-nsp] OT: Enterprise (Not ISP) Maintenance Windows

Mohamed A. Monsef Abbas m.abdelmonsef at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 18:19:32 EDT 2014

Dear friend,
Yes we track every change for example Iwas working for national railways
company we schedule any a time for any change same case was in the bank and
same case in the partner I am working now never go with risk in your
network network down will effect the e-mail where the CEO monitor the
activities from it so he will start shouting. And net engineer got in
troubles after that.
Best timing
Trasportation weekend at night after 1 Am till 8 AM
Banking after business hours for changes which will take maximum 4 hours in
case huge change will take 7 or 8 hours in weekend late time so you gain
the 2 days off

This best practise is my personal decisions while serving in these
companies so think before giving a decision claculate your risk which risk
can be accepted by managment the finance guys (they are the stupids and
they don't understand what we do, they think the can buy anything)

Regards,
MONSEF
CCIE #37569