[c-nsp] Question for TAC

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Apr 30 06:17:16 EDT 2015

On 30/Apr/15 12:08, Eric Van Tol wrote:
> <rant>
> I would love to work for Cisco because it seems that their TAC engineers only work about 6 days a year.  I swear that every time I open a case with them, I am told that same day that the engineer will be going on vacation the following day and won't be back for a week or two.  Is there some special queue that my phone number is tied to that assigns me engineers with one foot out the door?
> </rant>
>
> Does anyone else have this problem?  It's frustrating because I either have to wait until the engineer comes back from vacation for my problem to get worked on more, or I have to reassign it to someone else and explain the problem all over again, only to be told that they, too, will be going on vacation for two weeks.

This is why I'm always screaming at my Account team to get involved in
critical cases.

Although, truth be told, this works better for me with Juniper than with
Cisco. Juniper are much more flexible, and my Juniper SE will work with
the JTAC engineer as well as the product BU to get me a solution.

Cisco's processes are so tight, they really can't do what Juniper can do
here. Knowing the Cisco BU head can help, but not always...

Mark.