[c-nsp] Community tagged route, redistributed to RR, but OSPF "learnt" route takes precedence(So RIB failure)

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:20:34 EST 2015

Thanks Peter,

The RR has the route in BGP, albeit with RIB-failure:

#sh ip bgp 0.0.0.0
BGP routing table entry for 0.0.0.0/0, version 8406453
BGP Bestpath: compare-routerid
Paths: (1 available, best #1, table default, RIB-failure(17))
  Additional-path-install
  Not advertised to any peer

It also is saying it is learnt from the PE, and also has the community tags applied (That were applied on the PE)

route-map from RR -> RR-client is 2 matches (Both community tag based)

1. default
2. customer ranges

Customer ranges (Directly connected to RR - there are on test Interfaces on the RR) are being advertised successfully to the RR-client, but default is not(They are being tagged from RR with a different community)

RR-Client ingress route map (i.e for advertisements From RR) is the same

2 matches (Both community tag based)
1. default
2. customer ranges

It is receiving the customer ranges  successfully

Ill test a "customer" range from PE -> RR, and see if that gets advertised to RR-client...as it looks like anything "learnt" from iBGP (PE->RR) is not being re-advertised to the RR-client.

Cheers