[c-nsp] 6800 Supervisor Module QoS

Mitch Dyer mdyer at development-group.net
Thu Jul 16 15:46:13 EDT 2015

Hello,

We have a couple Catalyst 6800 with Sup-2T modules positioned as redundant PE devices. The gigabit ports on the supervisor module are running LDP upstream to ASR1000s. I seem to be hitting a roadblock when trying to work out a queuing strategy. Documentation suggests that with the gigabit ports enabled the module only supports CoS based queuing but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to queue and set the EXP bit on egress.

I've tried the examples below but seem to be hitting a wall, I'm wondering if I'm running into a limitation for these particular ports or more of a platform limitation. I've opened a TAC case but they have been incredibly unhelpful as of yet.

class-map match-any COS5

  match cos  5

policy-map PHY-OUT

  class COS5

   set mpls experimental topmost 5
6800-1(config-if)#service-policy output PHY-OUT
Match cos is not supported for this interface in the output direction

6800-1(config)#policy-map type lan-queuing PHY-OUT DEVGRU-RDD-CR1(config-pmap)#class DEVGRU-RDD-CR1(config-pmap)#class COS5

6800-2(config-pmap-c)#?    !no 'set' command available

QoS policy-map class configuration commands:

 bandwidth       Bandwidth

  exit            Exit from QoS class action configuration mode

  no              Negate or set default values of a command

  priority        Strict Scheduling Priority for this Class

  queue-buffers   queue buffer

  queue-limit     Queue Max Threshold for Tail Drop

  random-detect   Enable Random Early Detection as drop policy

  service-policy  Configure QoS Service Policy

  shape           Traffic Shaping

  <cr>

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitch Dyer