[c-nsp] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: Mixing 2960S and X in stack

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Tue Jun 2 14:18:17 EDT 2015

Hi,
> On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 07:41:14PM +0200, Garry wrote:
>> A customer of ours needed to extend a rack's switch ports, which at that
>> point consisted of a stack of two 2960S-LPD-L switches. The new switch
>> he set up was a 2960X-LPD-L. Anyway, contrary to what I would have
>> expected, neither of the stacking ports on the S and X switches came up.
> Haaaahaha... welcome to hell.
>
> You need to set
>
> (config)#switch stack port-speed ?
>   10  Change stack speed to 10G
With Gert's hints, everything is now running well ... got the three
2960's TenGig ports (one each) connected to a VPC on two Nexus 5548
switches, seems to run smoothly from what I can tell at the moment ...
at least no reports of problems with either VoIP or the PCs connected to
them over two working days ...

Thanks again for the help!

-garry