[c-nsp] L2VPN over GRE on ASR920

Alireza Soltanian soltanian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 10:12:58 EDT 2015

Hi

I sent some issue about L2VPN on ASR920. I did a lot of tests on this and
found some clues:

1-      The solution works fine when L2VPN connection is established between
two ASR920 without GRE tunnel(L2 connection between two PEs).

2-      The solution does not work between ASR920 and C7200VXR/C2800 when
the connection between two routers is either L2 connection or GRE tunnel.

3-      When we have L2VPN over GRE between two ASR920 the solution does not
work as well.

4-      One observed case is VC type between two ASr920 is VC type 5 even we
are using L2VPN between two dot1q interfaces.

5-      Between IOS and IOS-XE the VC type is 4 but solution does not work.

Questions:

1-      How can we change VC type from 5 to 4 manually

2-      Why when we use L2VPN over GRE between two ASR920, the solution does
not work?

3-      What is the problem with C7200VXR routers?

I can provide the configuration if you needed..

I hope somebody help me about this issue.

For the record I am using this version:

asr920-universalk9_npe.03.16.00.S.155-3.S-ext

Thank you

Alireza