[c-nsp] memory leaks in asr1k

murchison link suren130 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 09:47:27 EDT 2016

Hi all,
Just learning about trying to troubleshoot memory leaks. Please advise if
any of the below concepts are incorrect.

In the command: show process memory, we are peering inside the iosd
processes'.
Under the process name, there is a *init*, *sched*, and *dead*
In the book "Inside Cisco IOS software architecture", the authors' state
that these aren't processes, rather, they are memory allocated by the ios
outside of he scheduled processes.

Could someone expand on what the *sched* means? The book says it shows the
"memory allocated by the scheduler". But I thought a scheduler is just a
piece of software that allows organises cpu time for the various processes.

thank you.