[c-nsp] Trunked VLANs over FTTC VDSL2

Tarko Tikan tarko at lanparty.ee
Wed Jan 13 06:02:21 EST 2016

hey,

> Anyone out there trunking multiple VLANs to a Cisco CPE over FTTC, in a
> similar position?

I'm actually testing this as we speak. Not with BT but it doesn't really
matter.

See below for the config that should theoretically work, in reality it
does not. The packets are correctly double tagged in LAN>VDSL direction
but in VDSL>LAN direction packets are lost after they reach Vlan100
interface (by looking at packet counters). This is probably because
Vlan100 interface is not really expecting packets with dot1Q ethertype.

I haven't opened the case with Cisco yet but I don't have high hopes.
Having dot1q-tunnel on this platform is most likely mistake.

Do you know any other devices/vendors that could theoretically do this?
I only know about RAD ETX-2i at this point.

interface Ethernet0
  mtu 1600
  no ip address
!