[c-nsp] ASR 9000 Upgrade Expectations

Nick Griffin nick.jon.griffin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 09:31:25 EDT 2016

Hello, looking for some details in regards to an ASR9000 code upgrade.
Currently running software version 5.1.1 with the following packages:

Committed Packages:

disk0:asr9k-mini-px-5.1.1

disk0:asr9k-k9sec-px-5.1.1

disk0:asr9k-mpls-px-5.1.1

disk0:asr9k-mgbl-px-5.1.1

disk0:asr9k-optic-px-5.1.1

disk0:asr9k-fpd-px-5.1.1

disk0:asr9k-li-px-5.1.1

Installed are RSP-440TR's. We are currently looking to upgrade to version
5.3.3, or perhaps another version if one is recommended, looking for input
here as well, in addition to an estimate as to how long this process is
expected to take, along with perceived customer impact. If further details
are necessary please let me know. I've referenced the following
documentation for installation instructions. If there is something better
or any best practices not covered, please feel free to advise!

http://www.cisco.com/web/Cisco_IOS_XR_Software/pdf/ASR9K_Upgrade_Downgrade_Procedure_IOSXR_Rel_533.pdf

Thanks in advance!