[c-nsp] QinQ on NS-OX/Nexus

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 04:11:40 EDT 2016

On 09/06/16 08:41, James Bensley wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a typical ethernet NNI from a carrier with end sites being
> handed over to me as QinQ tagged frames, the S-VLAN is the end-site
> seperator and the C-VLANs are the customer VLANs.
>
> I'm searching the Cisco documentation but I can't find any examples of
> how to terminate a QinQ SVI on a Nexus chassis (the Nexus is the layer
> 3 demarc for these customers). Can anyone provide an example of this?
>
> I can only find examples for QinQ tunneling (which I don't want).

Which Nexus? They very wildly in their capabilities.

It's entirely possible you can't do what you want on that platform. I'm
not sure Q-in-Q termination is supported. It requires more of the
equipment than Q-in-Q encapsulation.

Newer platforms use the "service instance" stuff for this, and IIRC the
older ones were sub-int based w/ "encap dot1q 100 second-tag 200" but
neither are present on our N7k w/ M1 linecards on NX-OS 6.2