[c-nsp] DWDM Passive or Active Multiplexing

Josh Karki joshuskarki at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 16:34:40 EST 2016

Hi Tim, thanks for your great info! Appreciate it.

Hey Bill, thanks for your offline email and confirming that the passive
DWDM should work in our environment. All great info!!

Our ring is east and westbound within 30km and in between, we currently
have like 6 drops active and looking to add another 4 drops on it. Yeah, I
know when we add site, it will loses some dB, but I guess we should be
fine.
I am going back to Cisco SE and his technical team and have a debate about
Passive vs Active again. Since they are forcing me to go with Active
solution only.

Thanks again!

Josh