[c-nsp] Juniper MX240 & MX480

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Nov 1 05:11:58 EDT 2017

On 1/Nov/17 11:08, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

> True that,
> SW I can work around, it's the HW performance and flaws/compromises that concerns me as it's much harder to convince vendors to fix those and sometimes these even can't be fixed.

True, partially why I've tried to stay away from off-the-shelf silicon.
Seems like it's getting better, and I hope the day will come where there
aren't any major restrictions that concern us enough not to invest in
such boxes for routing (switching is fine).

But you must have some really unique hardware-related issues, then.
Between all the existing array of Trio-based MPC's/MIC's, and now the
MX10003 with the 3rd-generation Trio chip, one would hope there is an
answer for you in there.

Mark.