[c-nsp] Add/Insert RADIUS id attribute

Guy Lowe guy at hd.net.nz
Mon Nov 13 19:55:36 EST 2017

On 14/11/17 13:24, Robert Blayzor wrote:
> I’m trying to find a way to have an IOS-XE BRAS send some sort of group identifying RADIUS attribute based on either bba-group or PPP enabled interface. Is this possible? I do understand there is agent.id or circuit.id but those come from the access side and not something I can use. I do also realize I can look for the Interface slot/module/port/vlan but when you’re dealing with hundreds of interfaces, I’d rather define a constant and just tag the interfaces under a specific name/group and send that to the RADIUS server.
>
> bba-group seems to be the best option for this as all interfaces are put under a bba-group. If only there were a way in RADIUS to see what bba-group the request is coming from. Any other viable options to pull this off?

Either "radius attribute nas-port-type" to override NAS-Port-Type on the
interface, or maintain an interface->group mapping on the RADIUS server
side for use with NAS-Port. You'll need to preprocess the request to get
a usable string in either case.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/bbdsl/configuration/guide/bba_extd_nas_port.html