[c-nsp] ASR 99xx IOS-XR images are all EoL/EoS?

Ted Pelas Johansson ted.johansson at tele2.com
Wed Dec 19 22:41:47 EST 2018

> When I saw a version 6 XR image for an ASR9001 I was shocked.
> I had been told quite a while ago that 5.3.4 was it and no to expect anything newer.

5.3.4 was the last release that supported Trident line cards [1], but since ASR 9001 is based on Typhoon [2] it should be supported until 2020 [3].
But apparently they have not added ASR9001 to the EoL/EoS announcement yet [4].

And since the ASR 9001 is based upon Typhoon it will not be support 64 bits IOS-XR (Tomahawk and newer) either unfortunately.

/Ted

[1] "Cisco IOS XR Software Release 5.3.3 will be the last software release supported on the affected products."
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/eos-eol-notice-c51-731288.html

[2] " ASR 9000 Series Line Card Types > Typhoon-Based Line Cards"
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/116726-qanda-product-00.html#anc3

[3] "End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco ASR 9000 Series 2nd Generation Ethernet Line Card Family"
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/eos-eol-notice-c51-740753.html

[4] "Cisco ASR 9001 Router"
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/asr-9001-router/model.html#End-of-LifeandEnd-of-SaleNotices

******** IMPORTANT NOTICE ********
The content of this e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) only and may contain information that is confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any copying, distribution or any other use or dissemination of the information contained in this e-mail (and its attachments) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail and any copies thereof.

Tele2 AB (publ) and its subsidiaries (“Tele2 Group”) accepts no responsibility for the consequences of any viruses, corruption or other interference transmitted by e-mail.