[c-nsp] ASR 901 MPLS issues

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jan 26 03:03:20 EST 2018

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 07:45:11PM -0500, Nathan Lannine wrote:
> >> interface GigabitEthernet2/1
> >>    description to switch 2 (handoff)
> >>    switchport
> >>    switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
> >>    switchport trunk allowed vlan none
> >>    switchport mode trunk
> >>    switchport nonegotiate
> >>    mtu 9216
> >>
> >> interface GigabitEthernet2/1.100
> >>    description vlan100
> >>    encapsulation dot1Q 100
> >>    xconnect 10.100.102.1 100 encapsulation mpls
>
> I do not believe I have ever seen a layer-3 subinterface construct under a
> layer-2 interface on a 6500.

This is documented to work (feature called MUX-UNI) - and we've used it
in the past, and it worked just fine.  Not sure if it works with "general
L3 subifs", but it most definitely works with EoMPLS VLAN interconnects.

I have no experience with VLAN EoMPLS to an ASR901, but it works nicely
6500<->6500 and also 6500<->ASR9001 (provided the EoMPLS type is set
to "vlan" on the ASR9001).

gert
--
now what should I write here...