[c-nsp] 6509 SUP720 ROMMON upgrade troubles

Lee Starnes lee.t.starnes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 18:49:24 EST 2019

Hello,

I have a SUP720-3BXL that us running ROMMON 8.1 and am trying to upgrade to
8.5(3). I have gone through the upgrade steps, and upon reload it retains
the correct version. However, if I power cycle the chassis, it reverts back
to 8.1. and lands in ROMMON.

If I boot the OS and do an *upgrade rom slot 6 pref region1<enter>* and
then reload, version 8.5(3) ROMMON is now active again. But again if I
power cycle, it goes away. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

In all cases, it always drops into ROMMON on boot and I have to issue
boot<enter> to get it to boot. However if I insert a different SUP of the
same model with the upgraded ROMMON, the chassis boots fine.