[c-nsp] Cisco ASR1000 Info..

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Nov 1 04:53:46 EDT 2019

On 1/Nov/19 10:49, Gert Doering wrote:

> Yes.  There are extra licenses for L3 VPN (and insanely expensive), but
> basic IPv4/IPv6/MPLS is all in the basic IOS XR you buy with it.
>
> For a BGP edge router with "12x 10GE interfaces are sufficient for the
> foreseeable future" it's a very nice box.  Very fast and very good BGP
> implementation, very robust altogether.

The last few we had for peering were replaced with an MX480 or MX204.

Now we have them running for routing to our CDN partners.

A bit old and slow, but not as bad as the MX80's (which we've since
dropped entirely). So perhaps 2 - 3 more years in them before we have to
replace them, I'd reckon.

Mark.