[c-nsp] Cisco ASR1000 Info..

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Nov 1 05:12:11 EDT 2019

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 21:13, Howard Leadmon <howard at leadmon.net> wrote:

>   I also mentioned looking at Juniper on their list, and man did many
> come back telling me that JunOS could be a nightmare with commands
> changing from release to release, and that if I wasn't used to JunOS
> already (which I am not) that it would drive me batty.

This sounds like hogwash, you can have any type of narrative
for/against any vendor. If there was massive OPEX or CAPEX difference,
market would select underperformers out. You can certainly pick up any
Juniper, Huawei, Nokia, Cisco and keep running your business.
World is just full of engineers who've not done any other work but
Cisco CLI jockey without understanding what they are doing there, just
memorising commands and punching them in. For them, anything else is
hard. For anyone who has some idea what they are doing, every vendor
is easy to configure.

--
  ++ytti