[c-nsp] 3800 layer 2 Switch

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Nov 12 03:39:08 EST 2019

On 11/Nov/19 17:41, Nick Cutting wrote:
> No, but you might need to use the "force" and or the new  command I got stuck on my first upgrade between these versions for hours before finding some obscure message board post about the force command.
>
> Something like this:
>
> Switch# software install file flash:cat3k_caa-universalk9.16.06.01.SPA.bin new force
> Preparing install operation...

Doesn't seem like a big jump if it is based on the old mapping, where
IOS XE 3.x was actually IOS 15.x. IIRC, it was a way to bring the old
IOS numbering convention into the new IOS XE numbering convention.

So technically speaking, if they were still going to be keeping that,
16.x would translate to IOS XE 4.x.

Someone correct me if I'm mis-remembering.

Mark.