[c-nsp] Mass-renaming interfaces

cnsp at marenda.net cnsp at marenda.net
Mon Sep 28 04:20:39 EDT 2020

I would avoid using gig 0/3 and would not bundle it with gig0/[012] .

Gig0/0 0/1 0/2 are marvel SOCs build-in Ports
while Gig0/3 together with the Mangement "Fas"0/0 are on a separate intel
ethernetcontrollerchip
(with gig+(only)fas they try tonot oversubscribe the internal pci bus )

> One of my 7201 routers has four GigabitEthernet interfaces but uses only
> two, one for IP uplink and another as client-sided downlink with multiple
> sub-interfaces named like GigabitEthernet0/1.10 (encapsulation dot1Q).
>
> It need reconfiguration to use 2x1G port-channles. I already did such
> reconfiguration for same 7201 router with small number of sub-interfaces
> and know this is doable changing sub-interfaces from GigabitEthernet0/1.N
> to Port-channel1.N

Just my 0.01 $
Juergen.