[c-nsp] v6 vrrp

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Fri Jul 15 04:12:22 EDT 2022

On 7/15/22 07:56, Saku Ytti wrote:

> Juniper is coming up with licensing but have strategically decided not
> to do technical enforcement. I am not against licensing wholesale, but
> I want it to be a commercial problem, not a technical one. I'm fine
> calling home and reporting non-compliance.

Agreed, I also like the Juniper model. The licensing is more commercial
and support, than technical (except for PPPoE session scaling in BNG
applications, IIRC).

But like Charles, we are also doing less and less work on Cisco. The
last time we did an IOS XE upgrade on the ASR1002-X and ASR1006, it was
anywhere between 21 - 42 steps to move from 3.x to 17.x :-(.

Mark.