[cisco-voip] Does CCM get Charging Units from gateway?

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Oct 5 10:05:01 EDT 2004

Walenta, Phil wrote:
> However, you can have the gateway generate Call Detail and
 > send it to a syslog server if you so choose.

Remember that syslog is extremely unreliable. In a past life
I tried doing billing based on syslog, and found that I was
missing records for something like 30% of calls (this was
modem calls rather than voice calls, but the same caveats
apply). Syslog is not designed for this, and it's really
not a great match for accurate billing.

Anthony